This is one amazing cupcake. The best part... the warm caramel filling is hidden in the middle
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup warm water Sea Salt for garnish
2 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup water
1 tablespoon light corn syrup 3/4 cup heavy cream
2 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1/2 cup plus
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup plus
1 tablespoon boiling water
2 1/4 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 lbs semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
Bon Cook Products Used
Flexipan Straight Muffin Tray w/ perf, Bag with tips,
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place oven rack in center position. Place Flexipan Straight Muffin Tray on Perforated Baking Sheet and set aside.
2. In Mixing Bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add eggs, buttermilk, oil, vanilla and water, using electric mixer on low speed. Mix until smooth.
3. Fill each well 2/3 full and bake for 15 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely.
4. Once cooled, use paring knife to cut a cone-shaped piece, about 1/2-inch deep, from the center of each cupcake.
1. Heat sugar, water, and corn syrup in Saucepan over high heat. Stir occasionally until syrup is clear. Attach a candy thermometer to side of pan and stop stirring. Cook until syrup comes to a boil, washing down sides of pan with a wet pastry brush.
2. Boil, gently swirling pan occasionally, until mixture is caramelized and temperature just reaches 355 degrees F. Remove from heat and slowly pour in cream and stir with Heat Resistant Spatula until smooth.
3. Stir in sea salt. Use immediately and spoon 1-2 teaspoons of warm filling into each cupcake. If caramel beings to harden, reheat gently until pourable. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over filling.
1. Combine cocoa and boiling water. Stir until cocoa has dissolved.
2. Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter, confectioners' sugar, and salt until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add melted and cooled chocolate. Beat until combined. Beat in cocoa mixture. Using Pastry Bag & Tip, fill in the center of cupcake first and then top it off with more frosting.
Active Time: 40
Total Time: 60